The ATLETA Team
Meet the ATLETA team of highly qualified and experienced Exercise Physiologists and Exercise Scientists that are ready to guide you towards your training goals. If you are thinking of starting with a personal trainer, think again and choose on of ATLETA’s exercise professionals, we offer much more than just personal training!
BA(Hons) HMS, AEP, AES, ESSAM
- 1st Class Honors in Exercise Science from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
- Lecturer at UTS, University of New South Wales and Australian College of Physical Education.
- Strength & Conditioning Coach for Australian & New Zealand representative athletes.
- Over 15 years experience Personal Training, Strength & Conditioning Coaching and Exercise Rehabilitation.
- Personal Trainer for internationally acclaimed award winning actor, models, and TV and media personalities.
BA HMS, AES, ESSAM, ACSA Cert.
- Degree in Exercise Science from the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS).
- Lecturer and course developer for the Diploma of Fitness at the Australian College of Sport and Fitness (ACSF).
- 10 years experience in the health and fitness field specializing in Personal Training and Special Populations.
- Experience in Cardiology as a qualified cardiovascular technician.
- Featured as a health and fitness writer for publications such as ELLE, AskMen and CLEO.
BA(Dip.Ed.)HMS, AES, ESSAM
Graduating from University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) in 2005, Ian Russell is a registered exercise scientist and a member of the Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA). His passion for sports, health, fitness and education resulted in Ian completing his Diploma […]
B Sp.Ex.Sc(Hons), Cert III & IV Fitness, ESSAM
Johann Ruys is one of Sydney’s up and coming stars in the field of personal training, exercise science and elite performance strength & conditioning. He is part of the Sydney Swans AFL high performance team, where he monitors GPS performance and develops athletes […]
B.Ex.Sc AEP AES ESSAM Cert III Cert IV Fitness
Kathleen has had over 15 years experience in the Health and Fitness Industry, has been an Accredited Exercise Physiologist for 9 years and is a mother of 2. After completing her Bachelor Exercise Science in 2003, Kathleen went on to study Business Management and managed a […]
B(MPE)PE & Sp.Sc, Cert III & IV, L-3 & IAAF Athl.Coach
Pursuing his passion and dedication for sport and performance Arek graduated with a Masters degree in Physical Education & Sports Science specialising in Sport Coaching from The University of Physical Education and Sport in Gdansk, Poland. Whilst at university he successfully […]
BSp.Ex.Sc., M Ex. Phys.(Rehab), MESSA, AEP
Graduating from the University of Newcastle with a Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science in 2010, Sam Larkings then went on to complete his Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation) at Charles Sturt University in 2013. As an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Sam […]
BAppSc Ex. &Sp. Sc, BSc Nut & Diet(Hons), APD, AN
Since graduating form University of Sydney in 2008 Lachlan has gained experience in a number of different settings in the health industry, bringing experience, knowledge and motivation to his role at ATLETA. As a qualified dietitian Lachlan has worked both in the public and private […]